Tuesday 10 January 2012

Day 10 julie's sunshine shorties

Today I prepared some biscuits and decided to do a recipe bookmark. They are tasty and very easy to make. I chose this recipe since I ran out of eggs and couldn't go out shopping.


I like preparing my own biscuits, so that I can adjust ingredients and include or remove according to taste or dietary requirements.


The recipe was from 'the pink cookbook' (ISBN:9780600617150) with some of the proceeds going to Breast Cancer Care. I bought it a while ago and sincerely never cooked anything from it. I always say not to buy any more cookbooks, but after all this was for a good cause :-) I think cookbooks are the most widely available books and nowadays it seems that whoever knows how to boil an egg, writes a cookbook!


The fun part is that the little member of the family loves these biscuits too :-D

p.s
I added some cinnamon and substituted some of the sugar with dried fruit and cranberries. I also used black treacle instead of golden syrup - maybe that's why they turned out more bronzed... lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment